What a fantastic evening we shared tonight at Bellshill Salvation Army for the band’s first Music For a Summer’s Evening since June 2019. This year we were raising money to help the Salvation Army’s work in Ukraine.
As tonight’s concert was to help raise monies for Ukraine, the band commenced the programme by playing the Ukrainian national anthem. Later in the programme, Christopher Keane and Cameron Shanks shared a little of their experiences in Ukraine, when they were there with Ukraine: Vision of Hope in 2018.
The theme for tonight was Musicals, so the band items included items from both Salvation Army and secular musicals.
• Jesus Folk
• Let It Go
• When I Grow Up
• Love Changes Everything
In addition to these band items several soloist were also featured:
• Alex Ramsay and Christopher Keane played the duet ‘Pie Jesu’
• Chris Shanks played the euphonium solo ‘Locomotion’.
• Marjory Watson provided two vocal solos, ‘Hopelessly Devoted To You’ and ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’.
Marjory also led the congregation (and band) in singing two songs, ‘Ask, Ask, Ask’ and ‘It’s As High As The Sky’ while the collection was taken. The total raised to so far tonight is £859.
The reflective part of the programme featured included another soloist and another band item.
• Lynn Shanks played the flugel horn solo ‘I Don’t Know How To love Him’
• Commissioner Ivor Telfer (R) reminded us in the devotions that the world needs love, and so the world needs us all to go and show God’s love by our words and actions.
• To close the time for reflection, the band played ‘Love Changes Everything’.
Thank you to everyone who came along to Bellshill tonight, we hope you enjoyed the programme, and were blessed and challenged by our music and our message. Thank you again for your generosity in helping us raise a fantastic amount of money to help the Salvation Army’s work in Ukraine.
If you want to watch MFSE, you can use this link to watch it on our corps YouTube channel: